Thornham Walks are no longer managed by Mid Suffolk District Council, they are now run by the Henniker-Major family who are committed to carrying on the wishes of the 8th Lord Henniker and ensuring this unique and wonderful place remains open to the public. The Walks have benefitted thousands of people since they opened in the 1980s.
The Friends of Thornham Walks are crucial to realising our aims and objectives. We hope to continue to grow our membership and involve greater numbers of the local and wider community in the Walks' future.
The Friends of Thornham Walks are also the principal fundraising body for projects specific to the Thornham Walks and were successful in obtaining the funding for the Green Latrines, our cutting-edge eco-toilets.
- To encourage the involvement of the local community in the running and ongoing development of Thornham Walks
- To raise funds to pay for improvements to the walks
- To educate and inform our visitors
- To support our volunteers
The benefits of becoming a Friend of Thornham Walks
- You will receive our seasonal e-newsletter
- You will have the opportunity to attend annual meetings and become involved in specific projects or general management
- You will receive discounts at local shops and businesses
Email us at email@example.com or call us on 01379 788345 to find out more.
Interested? Joining is free! Sign up to become a Friend of Thornham Walks.